Steak & Chipotle Pan Sauce with Poblano & Corn Hash
Print RecipeSteak & Chipotle Pan Sauce with Poblano & Corn Hash Yum
Slight modification of a Hello Fresh recipe
- 1 lb Skirt steak
- 1 Onion
- 2 ears Fresh Corn About 1 Cup
- 1 Potato Medium, 12 oz
- 1 Poblano Pepper
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 4 Tb Cilantro
- Chipotle peppers in Adobo
- 2 Tb Sour Cream
- 1 tsp Granulated Beef Bouillion
- 1/2 C Water
- Marinate the Steak overnight (or at least 6 hours) rubbed with Carne Asada seasoning and 2 Tb Lime Juice
- Pre-heat the Oven to 400 degrees and remove the marinating Steak from the Fridge.
- Cut the Onion in half. Slice one half into thin slices and finely chop the other half. Rib, seed, cut in half then thinly slice the Poblano Pepper. Cut the Potato into 1/2 cubes. Cut the Corn kernels from the cob. Chop the Cilantro. Mince 1 of the Chipotle Peppers (refrigerate the remainder)
- Toss the Potatoes with 1 Tb of Olive Oil and a pinch of Salt. Place on a baking sheet and cook for 20-25 minutes. Until golden brown and crispy
- Heat 1/2 Tb of Vegetable Oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add the sliced Onion, Poblano and cook until slightly caramelized. About 7-8 minutes. Add the Corn, season with Salt and Pepper and toss while cooking. About 2-3 minutes than set aside covered in a medium size bowl to keep warm
- Add another 1/2 tsp of Vegetable oil to the pan and sear the Steak. Cooking about 2-3 minutes per side until each side is golden brown. Move the Steak to the same sheet pan with the Potatoes to finish cooking. 4-7 minutes then set the Steak aside to rest for about 5 minutes.
- When the Steak is placed in the oven add the Chopped Onion and Minced Garlic to the pan with another tsp of Vegetable Oil and turn the heat down to Medium. Cook for 3-4 minutes until softened. Add the minced Chipotle. Stir and cook for 30 seconds then stir in the Water and the granulated Beef Bouillon. Keep cooking until thickened and reduced by half. Remove from the heat and stir in the Sour Cream. Salt and Pepper to taste
- Remove the Potatoes from the oven and toss them with the vegetables in the holding bowl.
- Thinly slice the Steak against the grain.
- Plate the Vegetable hash placing slices of the Steak on top then adding some of the Chipotle cream on top of that. Sprinkle with chopped Cilantro.
Share this Recipe
Leave a Reply