Grilled Chicken Salad
Savannah Red Rice
Shrimp and Krab Ceviche
My low(er) cost version of an Ecuadoran-style Ceviche
Mini Meatloaf cupcakes with Spicy and Sweet BBQ
Make the meat mixture and the BBQ sauce the night before to give the flavors in the meat and the sauce time to meld.
They have a nice heat level so if you don’t tolerate heat that well leave out the Tabasco and maybe just use two Chipotle peppers instead of four
I like to make my own beef jerky and experiment with various flavor combinations. Hands down the favorite flavor thus far is my “Sweet & Salty”
Many of these recipes I came up with while on a PSMF diet and thus the reason for the artificial sweeteners. You could of course use real sugars instead.
The beef I like to use cane be found at your larger Mexican Food markets. It is called Beef Cecina which generally is a thin cut from the eye of round. Foudn this description on line describing how to obtain this cut.
– Trim the top, bottom, and ends off the meat so you are left with a cube shape.
– You will need a very sharp knife for this. Lay the meat with the grain running crosswise in front of you.
– Slice at one end, parallel to the cutting board and about ? inch below the top.
– Stop 1/8 inch before you reach the end. Do not cut right through.
– Turn the meat 180 degrees, open the meat at the “flap” and cut again, 1/8 inch under the first cut.
– Repeat this, opening the meat out each time, until you end up with one long, concertina-like, 1/8 inch thick piece of meat.”