I like to make my own beef jerky and experiment with various flavor combinations. Hands down the favorite flavor thus far is my “Sweet & Salty”
Many of these recipes I came up with while on a PSMF diet and thus the reason for the artificial sweeteners. You could of course use real sugars instead.
The beef I like to use cane be found at your larger Mexican Food markets. It is called Beef Cecina which generally is a thin cut from the eye of round. Foudn this description on line describing how to obtain this cut.
– Trim the top, bottom, and ends off the meat so you are left with a cube shape.
– You will need a very sharp knife for this. Lay the meat with the grain running crosswise in front of you.
– Slice at one end, parallel to the cutting board and about ? inch below the top.
– Stop 1/8 inch before you reach the end. Do not cut right through.
– Turn the meat 180 degrees, open the meat at the “flap” and cut again, 1/8 inch under the first cut.
– Repeat this, opening the meat out each time, until you end up with one long, concertina-like, 1/8 inch thick piece of meat.”